Sunday, 3 November 2013

Sparkly blue poinsettia

Blue poinsettia
Blue poinsettia 2
Blue poinsettias are not common.  Okay, I'll admit I've never seen one before but I started playing around with the blue stuff and I thought it looked kind of pretty. 

I started with a blank 6 1/2 x 5 card base and added a piece of patterned paper sized at 6 1/4 x 4 3/4.  To that I added a blue piece of cardstock measuring 6 x 4 1/2 and finished the layering with one more piece of cardstock measuring 5 3/4 x 4 1/4.  The next step was to add the Garden Lattice.  I cut out 2 and cut off a piece from each die cut.  Then I die cut the Tilda Swirl 2 times and added the blue poinsettia to one and a sentiment to the other.  I used Stickles glitter glue on the poinsettia's leaves and added some bling to both the flower and the sentiment.

Rather an unusual card I'll admit, but who knows - it could happen! 

FB62E3B810BD22417FD44475096DF715

No comments: