Saturday, 5 October 2013

World Cardmaking Day




Today is World Cardmaking Day and Poppystamps is celebrating by hosting a blog hop.  We at Poppystamps chose "Friendship" as our theme.  I think we could all use friends from all over the world especially these days as the world is in such turmoil.

We have all made cards with the "friendship" theme and would love to have you come and visit each one of us.  If you've been following the blog hop from the beginning, you should have reached me from Sherry Eckblad's blog.  Your next (and last) hop should be Sherry Hester's blog.  If you'd like to start at the beginning and get a complete list of designers who are participating as well as see the goodies we are offering, here's the link to the Poppystamps blog.

Also (and this is the best part), there will be hidden CANDY along the way!!  There will be 4 lucky winners who will each receive one die.  You can view the candy on the Poppystamps blog.  But...there's a catch (there's always a catch!).  You have to leave a comment on each blog in order to qualify.  But it's so worth it since the dies are absolutely amazing!  You will have until October 8, 2013 to comment and winners will be announced on October 10, 2013.  So good luck to everyone and thank you for visiting our blogs. 

My card for World Cardmaking Day is "flaky".  I live in Canada and since most everyone thinks we live in igloos, I decided to make snow flakes :)  The die I used is the Anna Snowflake #811 and the stamp I used is the corresponding Anna Snowflake Cling Stamp #CS280D.  Both are available from Poppystamps.



I began with a white card base and added light blue cardstock.  Then I embossed a lighter blue piece of patterned paper and finished the layering with the same blue cardstock as the first layer.  I stamped the Anna Snowflake on the blue paper 6 times using Versamark and then sprinkled embossing powder on them.  I then heat embossed to make them stand out.  The white snowflakes were first stamped onto white cardstock and then using the matching die I cut them out with my Big Shot.  I sponged the edges of the flakes with a light blue ink and I applied Stickles Glitter Glue to make them sparkle.  I added blue gem stones to the centres of the flakes and finished the card by adding the sentiment, "Friendship is Universal" circle which was made using Word.


I hope those of you that have been going from blog to blog enjoyed the tour and for those of you who are just starting to hop, have fun!  There are so many beautiful cards made in celebration of World Cardmaking Day!

Don't forget, if you want to see the prizes, hop on over to the Poppystamps blog.

Until next time...




60 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Love the snowflake background & glittered dies! Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Teresa Melling said...

This card is so cute. Blue and white are perfect colors for this card.

Wanda said...

fantastyczna kartka:)pozdrawiam

SCRAPGIRL : PATTY TANUZ said...

love sweet colors and the bunch of glitter!!!!! beautiful card!!!!

Rachel B. said...

Beautiful card!

Alicia NDC said...

Nice way to start my day... Blog hopping with Poppystamps! Thanks for showing us all the beautiful cards along the blog path of friendship! Snowflakes are always a favorite and I really like how you stamped and layered them!

Ann S said...

Very pretty card!

Ann S said...

Very pretty card!

Hanny said...

Haha, I know what you mean, it is the same as everybody thinks that all Dutch people are wearing wooden shoes;)
Your card is lovely, the dies and stamps are beautifull and the colours you've used is the right one!
Hugs from the Netherlands,Hanny♥
http://tierelantijntjes.blogspot.nl

newfymom said...

Love the blue and white, and anything with glitter is a-okay with me!

Jeanne J said...

OOH I love the glittery snowflakes with the gem centers and that embossed background... swoon - and so clever to make your own sentiment Yvonne!

Ira Huberts said...

Your snowflakes are absolute perfection Yvonne, just how I love to see them most, love the glittery feel, really fab! Enjoy the blog hop, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Cortney said...

Very pretty, with the glitter glue especially!

Henriƫtte said...

And you're the last in the row of the bloghop with a lovely Christmas Card. Love the dies.

Have a nice weekend,
Henriƫtte

Aluna said...

Frozen, sparkling snowflakes - truly Winter card.

Sharon said...

Great color combo - beautiful card!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful directions. Fabulous inspiration. Thank you!! Judy

Mary said...

Very nice use of the snowflakes and the colors you chose bring this card together. FYI: Everyone thinks because I live in California, I hang out with movie stars all day. LOL. Happy WCMD!

Sheri said...

love how you glittered the snowflakes!

Diane said...

Very prety snowflakes Yvonne.

Hugs Diane

crimsonowlcreations said...

I love the way you made the snowflakes sparkle! Very cute card!

Jean said...

Love these colors and the glitter is perfect!

P Venusina said...

Lovely christmas card! Snowflakes are my favorite part of winter! That glitter looks so good on it!

Sue D said...

Very pretty in blue and white and I like the embossing.

Kimberly said...

Great use of the die and stamp combo! I love the added touch of the sponging and the Stickles to make it sparkly! Very nice!

diana said...

Happy WCMD! Lovely card! No snow here yet in Ottawa so we are raking leaves instead of building igloos. LOL

Barb Ghig said...

Happy World Card Making Day to you! I love all the texture and dimension on your card...so beautiful!

Jean Bullock said...

Thank you for sharing the technique for this gorgeous card. It is delightful.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous card! I love the snowflakes and the pretty color!

Karen said...

Really lovely sparkley card. Those snowflakes are so pretty.

Andrea T said...

I love those layers!

VictoriaG said...

Lovely! Always, always love snowflakes!

VictoriaG said...

Lovely! Always, always love snowflakes!

Cathy said...

This is so pretty, Cathy x

Oma said...

I love snowflakes and I love your card!

Amanda said...

Very pretty card. I love all the texture and detail.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card. Love the layers and the colours

Katie said...

Beautiful card! Love that snowflake stamp! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Lynn Hardy said...

Such a pretty card - I love snowflakes!

Brenda Frame said...

Love this snowflake card! I live in Ga, so I can only dream of snow Lol! Thanks for sharing. http://2peasinapod-thepeapod.blogspot.com

Silvia Barrera said...

What a sweet snowflakes!!! Gorjeous card!!

RASTASANDOKAN said...

Hermosaaa

Craftybee said...

Lovely project!

Craftybee said...

Lovely project!

Centellazul said...

preciosa :)

Kelley said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue and white. Snowflakes deserve the emphasis. :)

Gra said...

Lovely card, very nice colours!!!

Ilona Konarczak said...

This is beautiful!

Lezlye Lauterbach said...

Beautiful Yvonne!

Any Rojas said...

es hermosa tu tarjeta :)

rachel said...

amazing card!!!:).....beautiful:)

SuprFoxDesigns said...

Love this card and the colors. Thank you for the details. I can think of nothing sweeter.

Hogata said...

lovely composition of snowflakes :)

Amante del Papel said...

Me encanto el acabo que le diste a las flores, simplemente hermoso!!!

Janis said...

Simply exquisite!!! Love this beautiful card.
<3 J

Brenda W. said...

Lots of planning and thought went into this card and it was worth it! A really pretty Christmas card!

Emily H said...

Gorgeous card!

Haideelum said...

Ohhh the glitter gives something special an so cute ^.^

Buho Scrapper said...

THE snowflakes are so cute!i love it! =D

Patry Ro said...

wow!!! good job!!! I love this tones, colors and design!!!!
I am your new follower!!!!