Thursday, 31 October 2013

Vellum Poinsettias




I wanted to create a translucent effect for the poinsettias by using some vellum.  I like how they turned out.  I started with a card base 6 1/2 by 5 inches.  I like working with the bigger sized cards as I find it easier to add bits and pieces without it looking too busy.  I then added a 6 1/4 x 4 3/4 embossed layer which I sponged with some red ink and to that added another embossed layer sized at 6 x 4 1/2 inches.  I cut out my poinsettias and leaves and sponged the edges to give it more of a "life-like" appearance.  I then added some rhinestones to the centre and dabbed a bit of Stickles glitter glue.  My sentiment was a circle of paper to which I punched out the holes around the edge and stamped the words onto.  I then added more bling around the corners of the card and voila it was finished.
Poppystamps has such a wonderful selection of dies.  The Christmas dies are stunning and so very easy to work with.  They cut really well and are wonderfully detailed.  There is a huge selection of dies and a nice selection of  both cling stamps and wood stamps.  Go to Poppystamps to check it out.  In case you like the digital format, there are tons of digital stamps on their site as well for purchase.  Just click on the "Digital" tab to have a look.
57FCB113D8C700E18CD5774A278C7B13

1 comment:

Ira Huberts said...

Amazing looking poinsettias Yvonne, they look so delicate! Love the use of vellum here! Hope you're doing fine, have you changed your settings, for I had to sign up again? Take care, Ira x