Wednesday, 5 December 2012

LONG, REALLY LONG TIME

December 5th! Where the heck did the time go? July was my last post and that's such a long time ago! So much has happened since then. My son and daughter-in-law and grandkids moved to Prince Rupert and I really miss them. They won't be down for Christmas but we'll get to see them on Skype.

Had to put Tuffy down - he had an abscess that was spreading.  Hurts like heck that he's gone.  But have decided no more animals as it just hurts too much when they pass on. 

I've had more and more tests to determine whether I have plugged arteries as well as a rapid heart and to also find out what auto-immune disease I have.

I've been doing up my Christmas card orders. It's time consuming only because I'm such a perfectionist. But I do enjoy making them. They're not coming as quick as I would like but that's because I'm limited by the pain in my wrists and fingers. It really is harder the older you get.

I did something today that I've been wanting to do for a very long time. I'm enrolled in a Grade 12 class (Law 12). Once completed I'll have my Dogwood Diploma (graduation diploma) and one more item to cross off my Bucket List. I was never able to finish high school as life got in the way. I managed to get through most of Grade 10 and then over the years took courses through night school that were required to graduate except for one. It had to be a Grade 12 course and so I signed up for Law 12 today. I'm looking forward to it and actually am excited. Who knew I'd be graduating (if I pass) at 65 years old!

I don't have any cards to display today but will get them up soon.

Until next time...

No comments: